The Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC) disbursed RM 2.35 million worth of grants under the DCG 2020 (Budget 2020) and PENJANA Digital Content Grant (DCG), to 47 grant recipients from the SME and start-ups sectors
70% of the grant recipients are from the digital creative content industry and the remaining 30% are made up of professional services, education and other industries.
“We look forward to these grant recipients achieving the milestones they have agreed to and being properly equipped to meet or exceed their KPIs,” said Chief Marketing Officer and Head of Digital Investments and Brand, MDEC, Raymond Siva.
According to a release, initiatives that aim to empower digital businesses are part of MDEC’s three strategic framework pillars: Digital Jobs, Digital Businesses and Digital Investments.
“MDEC is here to support the digital ecosystem and accelerate digital adoption,” said CEO of MDEC, Surina Shukri. “These grants go towards building capacity and capability, providing businesses the opportunity to become regional champions,”
Currently, MDEC continues to evaluate and will announce more successful grant recipients.
“The agency has set the scene for small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and start-ups to thrive in the Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR) era by continuing to empower digitally-skilled talents, enable digitally-powered businesses and attract digital-sector investments,” added Surina. “By 2025, the reinvented MDEC will firmly establish Malaysia as the Heart of Digital ASEAN.”
Businesses of all sizes can reach out and engage with various support initiatives that MDEC currently manages, including the different grants that are currently made available for different industry verticals.
To see the list of recipients under the PENJANA Digital Content Grant, click here.