JOHOR BARU: Johor continued to see an increase in victims displaced by floods, with the number rising to 5,528 people from seven districts as of noon Thursday (Jan 26).
The state Disaster Management Committee said three more temporary flood relief centres have been opened, bringing the total number in operation across Johor to 58.
“Two of the centres are in Mersing, SK Bandar Mersing and Sekolah Agama Bukit Timbalan; and one in Kota Tinggi, SK Tun Dr Syed Nasir,” it said in a statement.
Segamat remained the worst-hit district with 1,811 victims, followed by Kluang (1,266), Mersing (1,173), Kota Tinggi (744), Batu Pahat (299), Muar (217) and Pontian (18).
Earlier in the day, the number of evacuees stood at 5,455 people at 55 relief centres.