NSE crash: Remand order against trailer driver extended
IPOH: The remand order against a trailer driver, detained to help in the investigation of an accident that claimed five lives along the North-South Expressway on Wednesday (May 11), will be extended for three more days.
Kuala Kangsar district police chief Asst Comm Omar Bakhtiar Yaacob said in a statement on Sunday (May 16) that the extension on the 28-year-old suspect’s remand order would begin from Monday (May 16).
“The suspect will be charged either on Tuesday (May 17) afternoon or Wednesday (May 18) morning,” he said.
It was reported earlier that the driver was found to have 22 traffic summonses on his record, eight of them for speeding. Of that number, 21 had been settled.
The accident along the northbound stretch of the NSE near Kuala Kangsar claimed the lives of five Universiti Sultan Azlan Shah (USAS) students, who were also housemates. – Bernama