GEORGE TOWN: Police have solved a stabbing attack in July last year following the arrests of 20 suspects in a series of operations.
Penang police chief Comm Datuk Mohd Shuhaily Mohd Zain said the suspects were 16 men and two women, aged between 22 and 53 years old.
“At about 8.30pm on July 23 last year, there was a stabbing incident in front of a house on Lorong Impian 9, Taman Impian, in Bukit Mertajam.
“A total of four suspects who were armed and in masks had arrived in a black car to injure the victim.
“Based on information gathered, 18 suspects were arrested in a series of operations to facilitate investigations, and all have past criminal records including for drug offences.
“Finally, we arrested two main suspects, aged 27 and 48, from Kedah and Penang at a hotel in Penang at about 2.15am on May 26.
“Following the arrests, police believe they have solved the case.
“We are still tracking down an individual believed to be involved in the case,” he said.
Also seized in the case was a black car believed to have been used in the attack.
Comm Shuhaily said the arrested suspects are being investigated under Section 326 of the Penal Code for voluntarily causing grievous hurt by dangerous weapons or means.